Cornwall Electricals Caution

Just a warning re Cornwall Electricals. TransX their credit card processor has withdrawn their support for this online vendor due to non delivery of puchased items and non response to customers. This online vendor' seems to be very close to fraudulent practices and in my opinion is best avoided.

Reply to
Edward W. Thompson

my opion is transx are going to be taken to court as this is not true they didnt withdraw i finished with them

Reply to
cornwallelectricals1

To elaborate on the story, Cornwall Electricals offered to sell me a Microwave oven at a very fair price. I paid them using a credit card and they offered to deliver in one week. First 'problem' was the invoice they sent me itemised a camera as the purchased item. I corrected them by telephone but did not receive a revised invoice.

Cornwall Electricals, or their contractor (TransX) charged my credit card immediately ( sharp practice). A week plus a day ( I think) I visited Cornwall Electricals web site and noted that 'Due to volume of orders, goods will dispatched two, weeks after order' (or words to that effect).

I tried to call Cornwall Electricals but they were not answering. I emailed with a question about when I was to expect delivery and received a reply saying they were having 'problems' with their credit card processor and I would be receiving a refund within 72 hours. I could pay them with cash to receive the items ordered! Alarm bells began to ring.

To date I have received no refund and they claim the problem lies with their contractor Transx and not them! Cornwall Electricals don't seem to understand the basics that they as the 'prime' have total responsibility for the transaction including any default by their contractors.

Just be warned, do not give your business to these people. They may not be dishonest but my experience suggests they are to be avoided. I suppose it is the old adage when a deal seems to good to be true it usually is! Caveat empor

Reply to
Edward W. Thompson

I take it that you've lodged a claim with your card company?

Is the amount involved > £100? If so, they have joint liability with the supplier.

Reply to
Andy Hall

You haven't given a timeline with your story, so I don't know if you've given other parties reasonable time to resolve issues. Just call your card company, explain, and ask for a chargeback. For a non-responding retailer, it can take 60 days. However, you will probably find that your card company won't charge interest on that transaction during that period (but do check this, don't just assume it).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I HAVE REFUNDED EVERYONE ON MYSIDE , IF I COULD MAKE THE REFUNDS GO QUICKER I WOULD THE MONEY IS SAT IN CYPERSPACE AS THEY SAY , IF YOU VISIT

YOU CAN TALK TO THEM LIVE AND CHECK YOUR REFUND IS ON THE WAY BACK

REGARDS CORNWALL ELECTRICALS LTD

Reply to
cornwallelectricals1

Oh dear.

Two more reasons, I fear.

Reply to
Andy Hall

The message from Edward W. Thompson contains these words:

Emptor

Reply to
Anne Jackson

Sorry! Didn't mean to offend :-)

Reply to
Edward W. Thompson

Yes. I have spoken to my card company (MBNA) who told me they would/could do nothing until 30 days has elapsed from the time of the default. This is despite the parties (Cornwall Electricals and TransX) agreeing by email that a refund is appropriate. It seems that as the matter will come to a head before my next credit card bill is due, I will not be out of pocket (at least I hope so). I understand from MBNA they have paid TransX so TransX or someone enjoys the benefit of an interest free loan! Nice if you can get it!

Reply to
Edward W. Thompson

I can only feal sorry for those who are waiting for the money back, it should be instant as they (transx) take the money quick enough , i have instruced my lawyer to take approiate action against transx for slander

Reply to
cornwallelectricals1

What Cornwall Electricals seems not to understand is that their customers agreement is with them not TransX. The responsibility and liability for reimbursement rests wholly with Cornwall Electricals, their customers have no agreement with TransX who have been introduced into the deal by Cornwall Electricals.

Reply to
Edward W. Thompson

I'm not so sure when paying by credit card. There is often a problem over the time taken for refunds. Of course a decent vendor wouldn't debit the card until the goods were actually despatched.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I too was caught up with Cornwall Electricals and foolishly placed an order with them....i got my refund from transx onto my card on Friday so i'm happy now.

Only wish Cornwall Electricals would answer their phones and emails instead of replying to people on here! I won't go near them again.

Reply to
robertjarvis8

im sure people would like to chat to us about problems please add us to msn messenger where we are happy to discuss

Reply to
cornwallelectricals1

But you're incapable of using the phone or email? No, I'll just add you to the list of companies to be avoided - and tell my clients likewise.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Reply to
cornwallelectricals1

You haven't denied that you prefer MSN to actually talking to or emailing people...

Reply to
Bob Eager

nothing to hide

Reply to
cornwallelectricals1

My experience in trying to deal with Cornwall Electricals was bad and I would not do business with that organization again and would advise others to investigate their options before embarking on a transaction with Cornwall Electricals.

There are many web based businesses that provide excellent service, why do business with one that doesn't?

Reply to
Edward W. Thompson