cork tiles glued to floorboards

My "friend", who's a bit of a DIY pillock, glued cork tiles to the floorboards with evo stick because he couldnt be bothered to put hardboard down, could anybody suggest the easiest method of getting some of them up after 25 years to do a repair job? Heat, solvent, BFI? I'll pass the answers on to my "friend".

Reply to
The Reid

Hire a Floor Tile Lifter machine

Reply to
Mr Alun Davies

Bit of an overkill wouldn't you say? for just some tiles.

To the OP if its the old *Evostick* thats a bugger of a glue to soften if its took well to the tiles.

Me thinks its a ripup job and lay the boarding. :-(

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Nope. Having tried to remove only 10 sq ft of them previously with a bolster chisel I finfd the machine superb in it's function

Going to those extremes why not just set fire to them ;-^

Reply to
Mr Alun Davies

Following up to Mr Alun Davies

my "friend" has removed two with a chisel and it was a bloody pain, I didnt know such a machine existed. I mean he didnt know.

Reply to
The Reid