Corgi Partsarena for Pocket PC

'm not connected to corgi / partsarena in any way, BUT

just installed the above on brother in laws SPV M5000 and I have to say I'm impressed with it. most makes and models of boilers / gas appliances are represented in exploded views with part numbers, GC numbers, tec info, etc. all in the palm of your hand. if you have a pocket PC and can write stuff off against tax I'd suggest getting it.

hth

Reply to
.

Pop it on a file sharing nework old chap and save everyone funding those wankers at corgi.

Reply to
Matt

not a /chance/ of that happening LOL

Reply to
.

Yeh, I installed it on an O2 XDA and it's great. I have also just bought the CD version direct from Infomill

so that I can use it on my PC at home. It's really good value and 'cheap as chips' !

JLF

Reply to
Jim

I got the impression it was just a consolidation of what's on all the manufacturer's websites. So you're paying for convenience rather than content.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

how /convenient/ is that ?

Reply to
.

Very, if you are the sort of person it's aimed at - you get a call from someone saying their boiler is broken and they don't know what sort it is, so you can't go prepared. When you get out on site you whip out your Pocket PC and have all the gen in front of you.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

no shit, sherlock LOL

Reply to
.

Then Windows CE crashes and erases the PDA.

Reply to
Andy Hall

try WM5 on non voatile memory m5000 instead ;-)

Reply to
.

If he does, then I'll put the 2 CD set of 500 boiler Manuals up as a Bittorrent.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

not possible, old chap. if it was up to me I might do a swap with you for the manuals but it aint up to me. now, if you would like to sell me a copy of those boiler manuals :-)

Reply to
.

Stephen Wilshaw from Infomill.

PartsArena is a stable product used by thousands of service engineers and technicians across Europe and North America using disparate datasets on a variety of Windows Mobile devices. The current solution holds the data on an SD card. PartsArena uses a very small amount of memory to run in. We do not have instances of 'erasing the PDA'.

All of our data is authorised to be used in PartsArena by the manufacturers. If you buy PartsArena you are assured of not being in breach of copyright laws which OEMs take very seriously.

The Windows Mobile 5 version is due for release in the next couple of weeks.

Keep your eye on our websites for more developments.

hope this helps.

Best regards

Stephen

Reply to