Corgi for oil

I was looking at a property off the gas mains. It would need a new oil boiler amongst other things. What is the situation on anyone fitting an oil boiler? Is there a Corgi for oil?

TIA

Reply to
timegoesby

John Rumm

Don't forget the LPG option - might be cleaner but would come under corgi

Reply to
Mike Harrison

the boiler. To me, this means I can fit an oil boiler. Is that so? The old tank would have to go for new plastic tank, as well as a new boiler in another location.

Reply to
timegoesby

Ughh...

In what way? Oil lends itself very well to heating.

Reply to
Grunff

So then Dribble it IS true that they disconnected all the mains gas in your area. But, look on the bright side, If the water is deep enough they can fetch the oil in by supertanker.

Reply to
Matt

As far as I am aware you are supposed to inform your building control officer. That's all. I fitted mine in accordance with building regs and it was all fine. Persuading someone with a flue gas analyser to come and fine tune it is by far the hardest part.

Reply to
rjc4687

Much more expensive than oil though.

Reply to
usenet

If you have a clean install, LPG can save a lot in installation costs to the tune of £1,000 and more. Use this money to draughtproof and insulate and you use less fuel which may equal the running costs of oil.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Or... use oil, spend the £1000 on draught(sic)proofing anyway and save money all round in the long run.

Reply to
Richard Conway

Is this always true, whatever the price of oil?

Reply to
Huge

Good idea, but that costs more. The point was that equal running costs can be had for the installation buck.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Can you explain where this saving comes from?

Reply to
Peter Taylor

No oil tank and stuff and installation, cheaper boiler.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Erm, but LPG tank??

Reply to
Grunff

If heavily insulated then use cheaper bottles - which is what many do.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

No, really - bottles are not a realistic option for gas central heating.

Reply to
Grunff

Depends on how much gas you use

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Same could be said for oil - if you didn't use much you could get away with a milk bottle.

Reply to
Richard Conway

Fabulous reasoning Russ - fabulous.

Reply to