Cordless Tools in 1928

So expensive!

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Only 12Mb for an old tools catalogue showing "Yankee" spiral screwdrivers, hand braces, wheel braces, etc.

I still have my spiral screwdriver and I recently bought an Archimedes drill. I seem to have lost my hand brace but I don't remember when i last used it.

Reply to
dennis

I thought it was gong to me more like 12 GB judging by how long the PDF took to download.

The weighted chain feed looks interesting. Is the technique still used?

Reply to
Graham.

Ah the Armstrong method. Actually, I seem to recall that Gell cells of the lead acid variety were in production at around 1930 from looking in history. Whether anyone used these to power motors I do not know, but it might have made the device rather heavy!

Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

I'm not sure I see the point. If it held the drill in the right spot then it would be useful.

20c for a screwdriving bit in the 1920s was about 4 hours wages.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com: