Cordless drill report - Metabo BS12Pro 10.8V

Very confusing name ("Metabo BS12PRO Cordless Drill/Driver") considering it's 10.8V. Comes in a good case with two 4Ah Li-Ion batteries, a charger, and a rather natty angled drive gizzmo. I bought this about a month ago from Amazon and am very pleased indeed. I'm surprised how often the angled gizzmo has been used and one battery did many days of work, sometimes with a 50mm hole saw. Much more capable than a higher voltage NiCd DeWalt. The detachable chuck has been useful occasionally. All in all I'm very impressed. More info here (this goes to Amazon, with a preview for the nervous):

no_spam

The picture shows 3.0Ah whilst the text says 4.0, which is it? (Not that it makes much difference, 3.0Ah will be more than enough for normal use)

Reply to
pcb1962

No hammer though....

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

Reply to
no_spam

A hammer function makes a drill heavier and longer than otherwise, plus the hammer performance is pathetic compared to an SDS - I decided it was better to opt for the non-hammer type and use an SDS when needed.

Reply to
no_spam