CORDLESS DRILL BATTERIES

I think Epsons are the exception - they have heads that are fitted for life. All that is changed when you fit new inktanks is indeed a tank with ink in. With HP and Canon printers the replacement ink cart tends to come complete with a new head. Refilling these too many times can lead to problems. The advantage of this is that if you get a bad blockage in one of the nozzles on an epson you tend to be stuffed - on a HP or canon a new cart sorts it. Not sure on lexmarks - we don't have any of those (I suspect they are like the HPs).

Of course, this raises the question of why Epson carts are not a lot cheaper than HP or canon if they are so simple...

Darren

Reply to
dmc

Have you been refilling the Canon? If so and it is suffering from streaky prints then a new Canon cart can do wonders. Replaces the head on most models...

Darren

Reply to
dmc

So chaps (and chappesses) - a ringing endorsement for Epson printers I think.

Darren

Reply to
dmc

Want to waste your money? be my guest.

Reply to
IMM

I'm not too sure about this 'throw away society', I am still using the same yard brush that my Grandad gave me in 1970. I have had to replace the handle a few times and the head twice but it is still going strong ;-)

John

Reply to
John

If you've replaced the handle and the head are you sure it's still the same brush?

Nick Brooks

Reply to
Nick Brooks

Of course it is. He never went out and bought a new one.

Reply to
IMM

Whoosh!

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

I was about to post something similar, he obviously missed the winking smiley, either that or I am missing the irony in his posting!

John

Reply to
John

Exactly.

Reply to
PJ

You're doing better than you thought. Aside from using a brush from 1970 you're still using a joke (albeit a boring one) from 1963.

Reply to
PJ

Oh dear!

Reply to
PJ

Exactly again!!

Reply to
PJ

Not so - that's how I broke my head. ;-) I don't use colour that often so had it apart to clean it - you basically just soak it in de-mineralised water for a couple of days, and then pump some through each head. After doing a final rinse, I clumsily pulled the tube I was using off, and broke the head. But I've done it several times before with success.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

It wouldn't be fast enough for him. Quality means nothing and he's good at wasting money anyway.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

What woud you recommend instead and why?

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

I bought a Cannon i865 recently - and it's ok in some ways. I was restricted in choice through needing a parallel port one, though. It's much faster than the Stylus 600 per page, but if anything slower for one page from a cold start as many domestic users will do. One very annoying feature is that although it takes A4 paper, it won't take an 'A4' envelope sideways, so these have to be printed vertically. The CD printing feature is useful - gives perfect registration every time. It has much bigger ink tanks than the Epsom. The instructions are useless, and only on CD.

Very dense colours etc when set to transparency - useful for my PCBs, etc.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Currently the Canon printers have the edge, and their cartridge do not cost more than the printer. For convenience I bought Canon's cheapest printer as I needed one pronto, it came out about 6 months ago, the i250, about £50. It is excellent. I printed out some colour A4 digital photos taken with a

2Mp Olympus on photo paper. The results were excellent. An A4 blowup is supposed to be watered down in appearance if you listen to the salesmen. I, and others who have viewed the photo's have found it excellent. Printing 4 photo's in one A4 sheet and the again the result are excellent.

For lots of colour work the Canons that have separate colour cartridges in the primary colours are supposed to be the best. Whether that is in economy, as you only replace a particular colour, or in resolution, I don't really know.

So far I am a happy bunny and didn't pay a fortune for a printer.

Reply to
IMM

I visited Aston Martin. A man once came to them with a log book and a chassis plate for a 1961 DB5 convertible. He also sent a 2 foot x 2 foot box of bits. He asked them fully to "renovate" his car. They did. They had a casting made for the engine and all the parts made and put back together again. Apart from the Speedo dial nothing in the box was used, and this was only used as a nostalgic link to the original 1961 car. They put the original chassis plate back on.

I looked this brand new car sitting there looking gorgeous, with a 1961 registration. I said to them "you have just made a new DB5". They said "we have not". They said "if you come to us and ask for a new DB5 we will not give you one as we no longer make that model". I said "every bit of that car is brand new". They said "we do not make DB5's anymore", and quoted the last chassis number of the line. They said that the car I was looking at is a 1961 DB5, the chassis number says so.

The cost of this renovation? £250,000

Reply to
IMM

The DVLA would agree with you and register it as a new vehicle

if the chassis was an EXACT replacement it can still ge the points

Nick Brooks

Reply to
Nick Brooks