Cordless doorbell/chime with infrared detector needed

I'm looking for a device like a cordless doorbell but with an infrared detector rather than a push-button.

It's to mount in a shop near the door so that when someone comes in it alerts the person in the back room that someone has come in.

It needs it to be cordless rather than having to be wired in.

(This is for use when the door of the shop is left open in the summer - there is CCTV but that wouldn't stop someone nipping and running off with something if the owner wasn't looking at the monitor all the time)

Can anyone suggest any websites that sell such things?

Thanks

Reply to
Murmansk69

12v powersupply running a domestic alarm PIR driving a small 12v buzzer via a relay to swap "mode" of output relay. The PIR relay will trigger for about 2 seconds on every detection. No more than £40

Oooops, just read cordless!

OK then why not do as above, but instead of the relay driving the buzzer, wire the relay contacts up to the push button circuit on a wireless doorbell?

Reply to
Tim Morley

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

I've seen battery units, but they are self contained, so would have to make enough noise to be heard in the back room, as obviously they fit near the door.

Would be easy enough to cludge something out of a cordless alarm system, though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks for replies, it needs to have a chime unit that is separated wirelessly from the infrared detector so that the person in the back room can hear it and so it's not heard in the shop. It also needs to be "off the shelf" not something involving adaptation of something else.

I've done a bit of Google searching and come up with a few ideas

Reply to
Murmansk69

Friedland wirefree door chime plus extra PIR sensor . Scroll to the bottom of the page for the battery powered PIR sensor

Reply to
Mike Clarke

Prompted by replies to a question here about PIR sensor alerts, I recently bought a 'Jaguar' (IQ Europe Ltd.) 'battery powered PIR sensor with portable chime alert and light adaptor'. (In B&Q, 50 quids.)

They have the same without the light adaptor for about =A310 cheaper.

Seems to do what you require. But I guess you would place it somewhere inside the shop? Unless pedestrian and other traffic on your street is bound only for you.

I haven't tried volume control; I assume none. But you could place it under (a) cushion(s). Or, maybe the light would do as a silent alert.

Incidentally, initial impressions on my unit: (i) I wonder how long the AA batteries will last (three in sensor, three in chime); (ii) I wonder will the PIR sensor go the way floodlight sensors go when exposed to weather, i.e. fail after two/three years? (iii) cats; I'm now attempting to use some sort of netting to discourage them from their 'traditional route' into my garden; (iv) a lot easier to fit and set up

-- ten minutes at most -- compared to something that I'd kludge myself.

Best regards,

Jon C.

Reply to
jg.campbell.ng