Cord length on power tools

That'll be the same one I've got probably.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Electric bicycle do?

Reply to
grimly4

I know what you mean. I have a cheapy 25W iron that's 30 years old and the flex has never lost its kinks from the day it was packaged. It still wants to drag itself out of the holder or fall off the desk. Someday I might get around to putting a better lead on it, but I'd rather buy something decent instead. In contrast, the Antex and Wellers I had before that never exhibited the same problem, but an Antex I bought since used nasty stiff (and over-sized) flex.

Reply to
grimly4

I bought a new Antex a few years ago, and paid a bit extra for the silicone lead. It was a *lot* better. I don't use it much now...got a Xytronic.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I don't know what the Nilfisk has. It might have an earth as it's wet 'n' dry - if there's no path from earth pin to machine I'll have to open it up and have a look.

Reply to
PeterC

I've still got my Solon, bought in the 1950s.

Reply to
charles

Antex offer (or did) most of their products with the choice of a silicone lead. At a higher cost, obviously. With such a light iron, it's even more essential. Anyone who buys a small iron without a silicone lead has simply no experience of using one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

One beauty of Antex is the vast choice of readily available tips.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I've got a few of those - but the 25 watt one, for electronics, is not much use today. It can truly be described as just 'a heater on a stick' ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I didn't say I used mine ;-)

Reply to
charles

The do seem to have made their PVC worse tough. My first XS25 bought when I was about ten (still going, several bits and a new element later) had a PVC lead, but its far more controllable than the 'orible stuff they fitted to the more recent TCC 50.

Reply to
John Rumm

I'd guess it's heat resistant PVC or whatever - like you get as immersion heater flex. Flex being against the trade description act. But cheaper than butyl.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I still have the original Antex knocking around at the bottom of a box somewhere - I always meant to re-element it, but the price of a new iron wasn't too different, iirc. Hence the purchase of a new Antex. I might resurrect the old one for old time's sake - or swap the leads.

Reply to
grimly4

Meanwhile, back in the Hucker Bunker, a madman rages.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

On an Antex, the element is most of the iron, and as you say on a basic model it can cost as much as a new one. Unless it has silicone flex. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)