Copper Roof Plating Clean/Shine

My painter contractor recently allowed vinyl siding cleaning solution to cover and dry on a bay window's copper roof.

Since then, they have tried to wipe off the dried cleaning solution (didn't work), then use Brasso (didn't work, but added to the discoloring) and have since used some type of paint thinner to remove all their previous blunders.

Now, with the paint thinner the copper plating has turned a grusome, splotchey, all-around yuckey kinds of discoloration; no where near the copper or it's oxidized color that it was.

What can the copper be restored with?

Thanks! My painter is fired!!!

Reply to
papa.marie

Google found

Good luck!

Reply to
Codswallop

Reply to
keith_765

40+ years ago there was home art technique of creating copper pictures from thin copper sheet and embossing the design in with a blunt stick. I have vague recollections of some solution that darkened the sheet - oxalic salt of some kind? for green a google search on "patina copper"? PeterK
Reply to
PeterK