copper nails

Use SBK to kill the root. Roundup is really only effective on growing vegetation. Not worth a curse on ground ivy or brambles both of which seem to thrive on it.

Paul Mc Cann

Reply to
fred

Noted and thanks.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

If its really a one off, you dont even need an axe. Do you lack any tools?

NT

Reply to
Tabby

The angle grinder you use to sharpen your mattock edge with!

Reply to
Andy Dingley

They should fit those to Onan generators

Reply to
Andy Dingley

It's rare to find copper nails at a boatbuilder (as they're no bloody use for most boatbuilding). What they have instead are silicon bronze nails, which are much better as boatbuilding nails, but cost an absolute mint.

Where copper nails are used in boatbuilding, and where they're much better than bronze ones, is when you want a flat headed rivet rather than a nail. These are used in boatbuilding too, but it's even less common than most other wooden boatbuilding.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

No, I have all the usual DIY tools. Drills (twist) of all types, routers, planers, saws of all types etc.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Not true in my experience. After cutting down the kind of tree that will otherwise happily resprout, I drill holes into the stump (near the bark) and inject glyphosate - it does the trick.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Gib Bogle saying something like:

I've successfully used a handful of neat fertiliser granules down a series of 1"x5" holes in a stump to kill it.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon