Cookers - Parkinson Cowan auto ignition circuits

Ours has just gone up the spout, and its sparking (not in the arcing sense, like its trying to light constantly) like there`s no tomorrow.

Anyone got any ideas what the likely cause is (PCB / sensor ?) and how to replace them please ?

Sadly its got a built in solenoid to kill the gas if the electrickery gets switched off, so I won`t be able to work around it for long (by leaving it clicking away)

It only auto-ignites on the main oven, the rest are "manual", so its probably related to a flame sensor there somewhere, but not having had to play with one before...

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Update - it seems to have started working again now (once it warmed up), but I suspect it might do the same again from cold...

Reply to
Colin Wilson

The ignition lead is probably also being used as a flame sensing lead. Check for loose/poor connections. I presume it actually light the flame but does not sens it.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

That`s the feller... Seems ok for now, but its one to look out for in the future if it does it again :-}

Reply to
Colin Wilson