Cooker Plug in Spain

Hello All

Can someone tell me what the 3 metal pronged L shape connector used to connect a cooker up in Spain and possibily other European countries is called? also does anyone know what this is rated at? I think they are

25AMP.

I'm trying to determine if I can wire my hob and oven into a junction box and then have a cable with this type of plug on the end. The problem I see is that the Oven cable that came with the oven is only

1.5MM and the cable the hob requires is 4MM. I'm not sure what the MCB is rated at that protects this circuit. The installation manual also states that each appliance requires a double pole switch but that has not been provided by the Spanish builders, there is simply one cooker plug socket. If I ran the cooker flex into the junction box as is (1.5MM2) together with new 4mm for the hob am I right in assuming this would be very unsafe and the wire could potentially over heat and cause a fire, as the fuse or the MCB would not provide adeqaute protection?

Depending on the MCB rating could I do the following:

Replace the oven cable with 4MM and cable this to a juntion box together with the hob and then connect another bit of 4mm to the L shaped plug?

I read somewhere that I should really go for 6MM as this is generally used as standard, can someone please provide me with some advice apart from get a Spanish spark!!!

Cheers

Richard

Reply to
Richard