Cooker Hood to fit in a Chimney

I am really in need of a little help and advice !

I am looking for a Cooker Hood that will fit into a Chimney Breast. I've just moved into the house, the Chimney used to have an old floo standing boiler ( which has now been removed ) but to utilise the spac of the chimney I have ordered a 90cm Rangecooker, I need somethin reasonably slim and preferably 90cm wide to match the cooker, but i cant be too deep and it needs to fit up into the Chimney. Any ideas

-- JB10

Reply to
JB10

Are you saying you want the cooker hood to vent into the old chimney? Not a good idea for all sorts of reasons, including accumulation of damp within the chimney, accumulation of greasy deposits inside there etc

David

Reply to
Lobster

Well you could make one and fit a chimney liner to it..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yes, I think so ! The Chimney already has a vent inside from the ol boiler. Its a long tube that goes right to the top. Could I fit the hood vent into the existing vent ? I think most hood come with filters to collect the grease etc. Any other ideas ? I want the steam from the cooker to head into th Chimney and not out into the kitchen

-- JB10

Reply to
JB10

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 14:32:41 +0100 someone who may be JB10 wrote this:-

What terminal is fitted to the end of this tube? What diameter is it? How long is it? What is it made of? Is it damaged?

A condensate trap and drain to stop condensate running back into the motor is a good idea.

Reply to
David Hansen