Cooker door removal

I have a reasonably recent Kenwood floor standing cooker with a double oven and drop-down glass fronted doors (one broken). I can't for the life of me figure out how to remove the door. Most of the (cheaper) range cookers seem to use exactly the same hinge. Is there a clever tool that releases the sprung hinges, or some other technique that I am missing?

(Yes, I know I could use an angle grinder, but I'd like to repair or replace it).

TIA!

Reply to
newshound

Many have a quarter turn disk thing that makes it happen.

Reply to
John

John

Hi, Look closely at the hinge, you will see an extra piece you can move so the door binds on the hinge and then you can then remove the door.

Reply to
James Salisbury

Try this:

John

On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 00:01:47 +0100, "newshound" had this to say:

What you need to do is to squirt it with WD-40, which (according to their advertising blurb) will solve _all_ of your problems. It'll probably even mend the broken glass in the door...

;-)

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Look on each side of the oven door where the hinge lives. Is there a little hole on each side? (By the sealing rubber)

If there is, stick a nail or anything that fits in each hole.

Then lift and pull the door foward.

Reply to
ericp

Is there a little fold-up 'hinge' that catches on a little spur on the bottom of the 'arm' of the hinge? It's possible that if there is that it might not quite reach the spur if the internal rollers inside the oven are worn, so it looks like it doesn't do anything useful.

Al.

Reply to
Al