Cooker Diversity - Situation Resolved but...

About which he has been an utter c*ck. I was just responding to the comment which suggested that was a universal trait.

Reply to
Bolted

Too late now if you have proceded down a different path but your council still need putting right. There is a discussion of diversity in the IET wiring regulations forum which might have helped.

cynic

Too late now if you have proceded down a different path but your council still need putting right. There is a discussion of diversity in the IET wiring regulations forum which might have helped.

list of supporting documentation supplied to these characters was extensive including a quote from the IET themselves. No amount of persuasion, literature, regulation clauses or independent references made any impact

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Work compliant with BS7671 is deemed to be compliant with Part P (SI2006)

- I would have done the work compliant with BS7671.

- I would have left the council to force entry, to incorrectly rectify works already in compliance with BS7671 so causing criminal damage, to invoice for such unsolicited works.

- At court the council would be required to state why works compliant with BS7671 are not sufficient, at which point the case would collapse leaving the council with the costs.

I would do whatever is necessary to force the council into court, please name them. It appears it is not just Harry dressing up in nazi uniform, it is incompetent products of electrical industry part p lobbying which the conservatives have singularly failed to reverse despite an increase in deaths and injuries as New Zealand found.

You may want to create a 1 page very clear and very concise document which can be handed to a solicitor under their "free window". Your household insurance may have legal cover. Likewise a copy to your MP and the incompetents at NICEIC ESC ELECSA BSI etc is worth doing, and details of what appeal procedure is in use and whether the council used it. If there is none, why there is none.

Reply to
js.b1

I have to agree with fred on this one. Phil got a result. The council has a lot more money to take things further (even if they are wrong) than the typical bloke on the street (I know I have been there). Phil is now using mercenaries to fight his cause. They are called the NICEIC. John Rumm and I spent a lot of time helping Phil (with a lot of support from others), but it was Phil that the council would finally attack and potentially bankrupt if things went too far and not me and John.

Once the BCO has signed off the extension then they will probably ingore Phil. If the BCO declines Phil's NICEIC certificate for the cooker then the council have to take on the NICEIC not Phil.

You cannot educate a cabbage so there was no point in further debate with Phil's BCO.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Why the hell was was x-posted to uk.legal? If I want to know what was written in the Daily Mail I'll read it on the Mail web site not via uk.legal

Reply to
ARWadsworth

It does not work like that.

- Council has to obtain enforcement notice, until then it is hot air.

- Enforcement notice appears, court petitioned to set aside whilst solicitor gets expert witness producing statement that work follows BS7671 (=A3180+500). Council must provide similar which is very unlikely or walk away.

Cheapest escalation for the OP: Get an electrician to state the proposed work is compliant; then electrician escalates into a complaint with the scheme provider; then electrician performs the work himself and the OP is left with an adjudication from the scheme provider and cost recovery from the council of unnecessary works which will automatically be awarded.

The OP can walk away or get a competent scheme adjudication. Relatives are civ eng running a building firm, they have been "here" many times. If the cost saving of correcting a council is =A3645 or above they challenge, there was a flurry of them under PD & HSE because some basically could not read - usual case of competent staff moved on and new entrants having little qualifications or critical experience. Experience counts and Part P is best handled by sub- contracting to a qualified scheme member - problem solved quick n simple by someone who qualified.

If the OP has incurred costs of =A3500, forget it, cost of doing business - if they have incurred costs of =A31000-1500 then persue it subject to everything in writing. BCOs words are like snow, they soon melt, it is what you get in writing which matters (on both sides).

Reply to
js.b1

I agree - it might also be attractive to the current government's anti-red-tape political agenda, so worth raising with your MP too

Reply to
Steve Walker