Cooker Control Unit

We're about to have a new kitchen fitted - would have done it myself, but SWMBO wanted it done quickly! Fitting company electrician has ripped out the old CCU which supplied our previous double oven and it appears that he intends to wire the new ovens (1 single + 1 combination oven - total load around 7 kw) directly to the consumer unit using the existing 6mm cable. I thought that a CCU was mandatory but can't find an online copy of the 17th Regulations to see what is now permissible. Is wiring the ovens supply directly to the consumer unit OK and is it best practice? Seems odd to me. Would be grateful for any comments from those who understand the 17th edition!

John M

Reply to
John Miller

Must be an isolator close to any fixed electrical installations.

Reply to
dom

Of course it needs an isolator. The single oven may even need a 13A fused spur.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

It must have a means of isolation within 2m of the hob - and a "cooker point or switch is probably the easiest way of providing that. There is however no requirement to use a cooker point with a built in socket. A single oven may be fitted with a 13A plug and hence would also need a socket fitted.

Reply to
John Rumm