Cooker blowing fuses

Hi Everyone,
My Leisure gas cooker has suddenly taken to blowing it's fuse every time the electric ignition on the oven is tried, does anyone know if this is easy to remedy and is it expensive? I'm pretty sure it'll be an engineer call out job but are the parts likely to be expensive?
Cheers

the
Is it actually blowing a wired fuse, or is it just tripping the MCB ?
The way these ignition units work, they can cause an MCB (miniature circuit breaker with a switch and test button) to trip off if the unit is wet or full of grease from cooking, so it might just need cleaned or dried out.
I don't know your cooker style at all, so I'll advise you call an engineer and tell them the unit has allowed moisture in and is arcing across to the casing of the cooker and causing the MCB to trip off. Sometimes it is better to sound as though you know what's happening, even though you don't exactly, and the engineer will think he can't pull the wool over your eyes and rip you off with an expensive repair. :-))
If you know where the ignition unit is housed in the cooker, then you could have a look and see if it is wet or covered in greasy gunge. Then you'll be able to clean it up yourself.

I had the actual HT wire which carries the high voltage to the spark gaps arcing once on a cooker, because it had moved too close to a metal panel over the years.
Dave

out
circuit
could
be
Thanks for you reply, it's actually blowing the fuse in the plug.

<<snipped>>
Then start at the plug and work your way in to the cooker.
Does the consumer unit have rewireable fuses, or is it MCBs ?
Is the plug itself wet, greasy or damaged ?
Is the flex (cable) damaged or been trapped beside something hot ?
Is the spark unit wet, greasy or damaged ?
Have any of the connections become wet, greasy, damaged or loose ?
How old is the appliance ?
Is the clock, or other timer mechanism, showing any signs of damage or moisture ingress ?
Looking at the spark points to the individual burners, are any of the insulation rings (porcelain tubes with metal bits in the middle) become loose, damaged or greasy ?
Have the burner covers been damaged and are now to close to the spark points ?
I'll stop here. :-))
You could try this outfit.... http://www.postapart.co.uk/cookers2.htm
--

Regards