Converting wall light

I have a wall-light over some wall cupboards, and I want to convert it to under-cupboard LED lights. What is the best fitting to put on the wall where the present light is?

(I already have the under-cupboard lights from Ikea. These work from a transformer.)

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

Timothy Murphy presented the following explanation :

A ceiling rose?

Then flex out of that to the transformer unit.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

You mean, put a ceiling rose on the wall? Is that the best device for this purpose?

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

Best of all, it needs no tool to remove the cover, any two-year-old can undo it.

Reply to
Graham.

A fused spur unit is the obvious connection.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Yes, if as you say the wall light is above some cupboard and therefore well out of reach - just to respond to the critics later in the thread.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I use Klik connectors for this. They are available in half-width switch size (architrave switch) or in ceiling rose style. Using the architrave switch size style mounted horizontally just above the top of the unit means it's not normally visible unless you are 7' tall.

They easily plug-in/unplug, enabling you to make up the transformer and leads on a bench, and then just lift it in to place and plug it in. With something like kitchen cupboards, you can fit the lights to the cupboards as they are constructed and simply plug them in after you fix the cupboard to the wall.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Will that not need a back box of some sort?

Reply to
ARW

Andrew Gabriel expressed precisely :

An even better solution!