Converting room to Walk-in-Wardrobe: Any bright ideas?

Hi All

I am going to convert my home-office into a walk in wardrobe (my office space is being 'promoted' into another spare bedroom!).

I think it's pretty much a no-brainer to do on a budget (mdf for shelfing, few rails here and there, full length mirror, shoe racks, place to park ones backside, etc). I've looked at all the pro sites on the web and borrowed their ideas. Not sure what to do with window as it strikes me we'll be in the buff quite often when in this room and don't neccessarily want to open/close curtains.

Just wondering if anyone here had done this and could offer any advise or something they'd do differently?

Cheers !

Colin

Reply to
Colin Chaplin

Self-adhesive "frosted window film" - a signwriter will have it for doing etch-effect shop windows if you can't find it in a diy shop.

Unless you have a surfeit of rooms you might not want to do anything too permanent, as a home office counts as a room but a wardrobe does not.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

You can also get spray on frosting now. Just like spray paint cans. And they do a nice job.

The other methods are a double glazed piggyback pane with a frosted or marbled effect PVC sheet of glass. Or you could use a frosted roller blind or a Venetian or vertical blind system.

Reply to
BigWallop