Converting fluorescent light fitting to "quick start"

In our bathroom we have a 20 watt IP65 fluorescent light fitting, installed a couple of years ago.

I am becoming neurotic about the fact it takes 5-10 seconds to switch on (and always has).

Pics here:

it possible to swap some component of this light to make it "quick start"?

Wisdom appreciated.

Reply to
Vortex

In message , Vortex wrote

Replace that little round thing in the second picture with an electronic starter.

Alan

Interesting link Alan,

I had no idea such things existed. Will drop by Maplin tomorrow and see if they have a

report if it works.

Vortex

I'd replace the choke with an electronic one. You'll get quick smooth starting, higher efficiency and longer tube life.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Well I purchased a "electronic" starter from the local Rexel Senate. Reliable 1.5 second starting now.

Seems to do like it says on the tin.

Thanks for the advice.

David

Reply to