Converting 8mm microbore to 10mm

What you said was "Your fitter is probably a plumber who are good at drains."

Well if you think that is perfect grammar maybe you should go back to college .

I have an I have no idea WTF you are talking about . Maybe you would care to explain as I am not a mind reader. .

Reply to
Stuart

That is totally and utterly perfect in every way.

They learn some grammar.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

" THEY learn some grammar" ?

Can I have some of what you are on please ?

Reply to
Stuart

That's what I said diddle I.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Looking at the other posts it would appear that you have been introduced to a range of replies.

Provided:

1) The existing system, when it worked, worked well enough to heat all the radiators enough to heat the house properly. & 2) There is absolutely no hint of sludge or scale in the existing circuit

then keeping the existing 8mm and 10mm pipes will be a good choice.

Obviously 8mm pipework is even more prone blockage than larger sizes but isn't automatically a problem.

The existing system worked on the basis that the difference between the flow and return temperatures would be somewhat more than a system using larger pipes. This is all to the good when using a condensing boiler.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Thx Ed ...I'll get the new boiler fitted and see how it goes ..

Stuart .

Reply to
Stuart

It didn't. It worked on a temp differential of 10C or 11C like any other system at the time, no matter how big the pipes.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Which there shouldn't be on a primatic system and this means the pipes often do clog up more than other systems.

Reply to
adder1969

Inasmuch any domestic system is 'designed' rather than estimated (usually quite well) then microbore systems have a larger difference between flow and return temperatures than systems using 22& 15mm.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Only if it was not sized right.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I'm a bit confused by references to different sized pipes here . Do you mean the two pipes to and from each rad are different sizes( I'm presuming you don't mean that) or,as in my case different rads have different sized pipes( 8mm or 10mm) connecting them to the 22 mm F+R ( either from tees or from a manifold) ?

Reply to
Stuart