Page 2 of 2

the
Well what is he carping on about then?

I didn't read it as carping.
Don't get hot under the collar ...
Mary

lay
lead
Mary, I am always as cool as ice. When you see me tango you will see why.

I'll give that a miss.

writes

Did you mean cold as ice?
I hate sugary citrus drinks, I'll give that a miss
--
geoff

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004, Ed Sirett wrote: [snip]

All perfectly true. But with a FP system you are vulnerable to power cuts. I admit that we dont get them very often in our area, only one this winter...
"M. Damerell" < snipped-for-privacy@rhbnc.ac.uk> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@sun.rhul.ac.uk...

Its hard to believe that most of the country is still without mains gas, OK so its mostly the green bits but there seems to be very little being done about expanding the network, I have not had gas in a house since 1985 and this was especially galling when I lived less than 1/2 a mile from a high pressure line
--
David

writes

us
A daughter has no hope of getting mains gas - she does use bottled gas but mostly electricity. So do all her neighbours - but when you're half way up a Welsh mountain you're quite a way from a high pressure line. She's just grateful for electricity. Getting BT to run a line to her farm buildings was a difficult job.
But the concept of heating other than wood burning is a novelty she's not even though of!
Mary

But still in range of a BG 3* publicity crew :-)

--
Andrew

Until the gas runs out. Will we be fighting the good ole US of A for supplies?
John
--
John Rouse

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 18:56:35 +0000, John Rouse wrote:

We'll be long gone by then. If gas prices were to go up by a factor of 2-4 there are vast reserves around under the UK Continental Shelf. They are just too expensive to extract ATM.
The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk

AFAIK North sea gas is running out fast, and the contracts being signed up now for Russian and Norwegian gas are going to put up the cost a fair bit.
--
Andrew

writes

us
I remember a few years ago reading about vast blocks of the stuff lying around on the ocean floor - as a solid due to the pressure at that depth. At the moment the cost of extraction is sort of similar to getting a man to Mars, but if prices go up enough I expect someone will devise a way to get at it.

OY!
This isn't the caravanning ng ... gerroff :-))))))))
Mary

Mary Fisher wrote:

LOL - you spotted my deliberate mistake then?
Tony

being
me
It had me perplexed in urc until you explained :-)
Mary