Controller for central Heating & Immersion - Need relays?

Hi,

I'm living in an apartment with electric central heating (unusual, I know), and an immersion. I bought a Sunvic select 207XL programmer from B&Q (dual controls for hot water and heat), which I thought would just directly switch on and off both systems. I now appreciate the difference between a programmer and a timeswitch.

The programmer has a total rating of 6A, while both the immersion and heating are wired directly from the consumer unit with 20 amp circuit breakers.

Is it possible to use 2x 20 amp relays to control the CH and immersion? I would really like a simple controller to control both the CH and immersion, but I have not seen such a device capable of handling 2x20A circuits.

Thanks,

Ro

Reply to
Ro

Ro,

You could use these contactors from TLC - (they also do a neat little 2 way box to mount them in) :

Mawson

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Have you really only got 5kW of heating available? Hope it's a well insulated small flat. ;-)

Maplin OC72 - single pole 30 amp relay with 230 volt coil - 6.99. They have 1/4" spade connectors so you'll need crimp on - or solder - terminals. And a suitable box to put them in.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

By all means use relays if you want. There are also programmable time switches with 16A contacts. These will likely be a simpler replacement for a 20A DP switch currently in use.

However the relays will offer more flexibility and allow to use time and/or temperature controls in (likely) more convenient locations.

Reply to
Ed Sirett