Control mains socket from USB Port?

Are there devices that allow you to control a mains socket from a USB port?

Thanks

Mr F

Reply to
Mr Fizzion

uncheap.

Reply to
Huge

Anyone know if it would be feasible to replicate the functionality of one of the remote control systems (e.g. Domia Lite - which operates at

433.92 MHz) using a computer plus something or other?

I'd hazard a guess that might be the most economical way of doing what you ask, if it fits the bill and can be done.

Reply to
Rod

lots of ways to connect a main capable relay to a PIC and do it that way.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

There are a number of X10 products which could do this. Computer interface is normally via a serial port, but I think I've seen USB versions too.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Depends exactly what you want to do but these may suite and are cheaper than some.

andy

And it's just as easy to connect the PIC to USB using one of the FTDI chips.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

CPC had a special offer on a Vellerman kit which had loads of in/out ports including some with onboard relays that could handle mains. Used the parallel port, though. Supplied with a variety of software for different apps like lighting control, etc. Dunno if they have any left. I got one and it works very well - just haven't decided what to use it for yet. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)