Controil panel wiring.

I'm building a control panel for vent control in my as not yet built Conservatory, All control wires will carry mains single ph votage (240V). I'm intending to use 24/0.2 flex wire as the load of the vent motors is only

0.3 Amps and there will only be 3 on at the same time for a period of 2 seconds with a delay of 3 or 4 minutes to allow temperature within conservatory to stabilise. The only other loads will be timer, relays and electronic thermostats which are negligable. There are such things as tri-rated equipment flexible wire . What does the tri-rated refer to, is it insulation resistance? What colours of wire is acceptable these days for mains control circuits within an insulated enclosure (screwed lid).

Cheers Don

Bold is Brown with the People's Purse.

Reply to
Donwill

IIRC the tri-rating refers to the fact that it meets British, American and Canadian standards and can therefore be used for control panels destined for any of these locations or others that accept these standards.

The cable has a higher temperature rating than standard PVC (105C rather than 70C) and therefore can carry a higher current in the same ambient temperature.

EN 60204-1 defines colours as follows: BLACK: a.c. and d.c. power circuits RED: a.c. control circuits BLUE: d.c. control circuits ORANGE: interlock control circuits supplied from an external power source. LIGHT BLUE: Neutral Green/Yellow: Protective conductor

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Many thanks, a superb, succinct reply that told me all I wanted to know. Cheers Don

Reply to
Donwill