Contract HW engineered flooring

Hi all. I bought 50 sq mtrs of engineered hard wood flooring on ebay earier this year. This stuff was described as being made special for a chain store in the UK. I've nearly finished 1 room with it and just thought I should tell of my experience.

This stuff is different from the ordinary laminate systems. I've used quickstep 950 and that was difficult enough. This new stuff doesn't specify the technique of angling at 30 degrees before tapping into place. So I've been laying them flat to the next and belting (and belting and slamming and clouting until my heart is breaking)

This stuff has a double T&G edge (think capital F). And the other thing I've noticed is that is very difficult to remove a piece from another piece after it has been fixed in place. In fact I only tried it once and gave up.

I'm fitting this stuff in the bedrooms and maybe landing and as I've found it so difficult to disassemble I realise that I should make sure that I only put it down in areas where I won't need to take it up again. I think this stuff is for laying on concrete floor and is laid one time and it won't move until the shops next makeover.

So thats my experience up to now. So if you see an offer for this kind of stuff as left over from a chain store contract and you are not a lunatic, tell the guy to f*ck off.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur 51