Contiboard labels

About 2 years ago I bought some white Contiboard shelving, but then shelved the project I intended to use them for.

Now I have found a new use for the shelving. However, the red Contiboard labels are well and truly stuck down hard to the board, and all attempts to remove them have failed.

Any ideas on how to remove the labels without doing damage?

Reply to
news

Caustic soda?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Sunflower oil/margarine, left on a day or so. Most labels are somewhat grease permeable, and won't stick to greasy surfaces, so...

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Try nail varnish remover or white spirit - nail varnish remover is usually better as you can guarantee it won't bleach the boards (guess it doesn't matter if they're white)

Reply to
NoviceButWilling

Label remover from Maplin, CPC, etc.

Or try WD40. Works on some.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks everyone.

Reply to
news

Angle grinder.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Amyl nitrate.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

In message , news writes

Thanks for all the suggestions. The angle grinder was just the job.

Reply to
news