Contact adhesive ?

I need to stick on some worktop edging. Which is the best contact adhesive available these days for this sort of thing? Many years since I built a kitchen with Formica and one of the old 45º edge trimmers !

Andy C

Reply to
Andy Cap

Thixofix is still available.

Dave Osborne

same as it was. Proper solvent bostik

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I normally use Thixofix - which is non-drip *and* allows a small amount of position adjustment before it finally grabs.

See

Roger Mills

I've started using PVA wood glue. Provided you clamp the edging on well, it makes a very strong joint. Never had one detach when trimming it. Also allows you to manoevre the strip into the exact position rather than the irrevocable grab with contact

Peter Scott

Reply to
Peter Scott

Uhu from the Pound Shop. Behaves exactly like the old EvoStik AFAICS, and a 500gm tube is a convenient size for me.

Reply to
stuart noble

Gee, yes; I bought a new tin of Evostick the other day - it is totally useless; I didn't actually take it back but it damn nearly breaks the Trade Description Act. Rob

Reply to
robgraham