Consumer Unit RCD's

Hi We have a MEM Consumer unit with a MEM 80A 30ma RCD (dual pole) Question is are these RCD's standard size fitting across the different manufactures ie would a MK or WYLEX or VOLEX 80A 30ma Dual pole RCD fit this consumer unit instead of the MEM one Just wondering ? Regards

Reply to
anon

Most RCDs are designed to fit on a standard DIN E Rail. Hence they

*should* be interchangeable. You may still find subtle differences though that make one brand a better fit than others in some CUs. I know from personal experiance that Hager, Contactum, and MK seem to interchange OK.

Why not track down the RCD you have/will get on the makers web site, and get the spec sheet for it. You can then compare drawings.

Reply to
John Rumm

The problem you may have is if you fit a different make module the testing certificate ASTA, is invalid and may have a bearing if you have an accident or fire in the installation. Why are you looking to change the RCD ??

Reply to
Stephen Dawson

The MK one I can buy from the local B&Q...For any MEM stuff I would have to order it via the Web or ring them.....No problems as yet with the CU but just thinking ahead in case I need any bits for it quickly..

Reply to
anon

You should be ok with MEM, with carry them as stock parts, but they are availible from most wholesalers.

Reply to
Stephen Dawson

I'd have thought in most parts of the country you'd have a wholesaler as close as a B&Q? And most do MEM.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)