Consumer unit move - part last

Letter from EDF regarding me querying the bill for moving my incoming supply (by 1.5m along a wall)

They aren't budging from a charge of =A3234.04 for exactly 30 minutes work on site.

(Mount new backboard on wall, screw new cutout to board, snip live incomers (the good bit), shorten by 1.5m and prepare ends, attach to new cutout, remove old cutout/meter/henley block/tails from old board)

Plus about =A310 in parts (100A Henely fused cutout, 30 by 40cm chipboard backboard).

Nice work if you have a monopoly.

Oh - I also had their electrical surveyor call by for exactly 5 minutes in advance to check out what was required.

Reply to
dom

(Mount new backboard on wall, screw new cutout to board, snip live incomers (the good bit), shorten by 1.5m and prepare ends, attach to new cutout, remove old cutout/meter/henley block/tails from old board)

I can't answer your question about price, but as an observation I thought back boards were now frowned on. CU's were to be mounted directly on brick/plasterwork to obviate a fire hazard with the board. Perhaps others could comment.

Roger

Reply to
Roger R