Construction of a small building for dry storage

I need to specify (and maybe build) a block/brick building to replace a number of rotting wooden sheds used for storage by our local Guides. Can anybody recommend a suitable book that will go into some detail about construction. It needs to be water and damp proof, no windows (greater security) and perhaps steel door(s). Pitched tiled(?) roof as it needs to last a long time - felt just doesn't hack it.

Thanks,

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

TMC

Hi Peter Have you considered a secondhand container? We use these for our archery club, they are watertight, almost completely theft proof, quite cheap and only need a few slabs to level the base. They are not the most elegant solution, but can be installed in a few minutes and last a good number of years.

Reply to
chudford

They are an excellent solution. A charitable club that I belong to uses one to keep equipment in - however, someone with an angle grinder got into ours!

Reply to
Clot