consructing a Door Arch

I am in the process of erecting a new internal door frame in an existing wall and would like to create an arch effect but I am stuck as to how I might attempt this. if anyone has ideas could you please mail me at snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com thx Neil Townend

You buy preformed arch pieces (anywhere which sells plastering materials) which you plaster over. Make sure you fix them in place with galvanised screws or nails, of you can get rush patches showing through decorations after a while in theory.
Newsgroups don't work that way, sorry.
--
Andrew Gabriel

     snipped-for-privacy@cucumber.demon.co.uk (Andrew Gabriel) writes:

... or you can get rust ...

--
Andrew Gabriel

Hi
Usual method is to get some hardboard, and nail it in place, then plaster above it/onto it to make your plaster arch. Remove hardboard and finish off. The hardboard just controls the underside of the arch.
Regards, NT