Conservatory/verandah new roof - planning permission?

Subject prolly been covered before.

It's about 17' x 9' against the rear wall of the bungalow, polycarb roof with typical bowing of the support bars. The 17' is all uPVC windows + a door. Besides it being horrifically hot in Summer and bloody cold in Winter it has a leak if rain comes from the wrong (right) direction. Time for a new roof. I was thinking of using that tar coated chipboard with felt shingles on top, insulation underneath between the joists etc. No idea of the load bearing capabilities of the uPVC windows. Any ideas/suggestions much appreciated.

Reply to
brass monkey

Its building regs that will get you if you aren't careful. Its a conservatory ATM and will cease to be a conservatory if you add a solid roof.

Reply to
dennis

Stricly speaking this is no longer true, since the 2010 Edition of Part L no longer includes the requirement for a conservatory to have

50% glazed walls and 75% translucent roof, to be considered a conservatory. I'm not sure all local authorities have caught up with this, as some still include it in their written guidance.

Cheers Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster

interesting - I missed that subtlety.