Conservatory to save energy.

Having seen on the box some "high energy saving houses" having conservatories as part of the energy saving measures, I wondered if anyone had information on the optimum design for such a structure? What are the likely annual savings, and would it be possible to attract a grant for an efficient structure to add to an existing house.

I'm a little surprised that conservatory manufacturers haven't investigated these possibilities with a view to increasing their sales.

Regards Don

Reply to
Donwill

I have read that huge glass structures on the south of a house can overheat houses, maybe what's needed are blinds or shutters outside of the glass...

Also they use a heatstore, which may be a pile of stones or bricks in the conservatory to keep cooler in the day and hotter in the night...

Reply to
George (dicegeorge)