conservatory roof blinds

Just decorated my conservatory but the roof blinds are looking tatty and are the wrong colour. The roof is triple-wall polycarbonate in typical triangular diamonds. The roof blinds are corrugated material that can be retracted.

Really don't wanna buy similar replacemennts - ISTR they cost a bomb.

Is there anything on the market now that could be used as a replacement? I'm thinking of something about an inch thick and opaque to let some light in but protect the Amtico floor from the sun. Maybe even solid material that I could cut to shape and fit into the triangles of the roof.

They wouldn't need to be retractable - I haven't touched the existing ones since they were fitted.

Or is there some miracle paint-on product?

Reply to
blackbat

There are thin metallic strips that you insert inside the corrugated poly

- they are supposed to work very well. Definitely better to fit them as the roof goes in though, and much easier with rectangular roof sections.

...or how about greenhouse shading? ;-)

Reply to
PCPaul

Right

I bet. The roof is about ten years old too.

nice n cheap...

Reply to
blackbat

They don't work very well either. You want the shading on the outside. Make some wooden runners and some hardwood slat blinds and fit them outside.

Reply to
dennis

i'm thinking of this too...

It seems best to have blinds outside the glass so that the heat doesnt get inside, but how to do it so that the wind wont damage them and then the damaged blinds damage the roof (thinking of skylights up on the roof)

Reply to
George (dicegeorge)

They've been OK - the conservatory has got a large tree on the sunny side.

Got any pics of examples? Doesn't sound too attractive, particularly if I make 'em :-)

Reply to
blackbat