Conservatory Door Lock Mechanism - How to disassemble?

All,
I am in the process of dissassembling the door latch mechanism common to a single glazed door of my conservatory. The reason for dissassembly is to refit the lock cylinder, as the only key to it (!) has gone missing.
Following removal of the obvious set screw located inside of the door lever (handle), there appears to be another mechanical device securing the door lever to its respective shaft. The lever fits so tightly up against the facia, it is difficult to see if there may be some sort of circlips or snap ring, but something must be there else the handle would slide straight off. Without the handle removed, I cannot remove the facia to get at the rest. Any general information regarding these type of door latch mechanisms would be greatly appreciated. TIA
Regards,
pjm

If it is a Europrofile cylinder - circular at the top, with a parallel-sided round-bottomed bit below that - you will need the missing key to take the cylinder out. You might be better off getting a locksmith in to deal with it.
Colin Bignell
On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 13:49:59 +0100, "nightjar" <nightjar@<insert my surname here>.uk.com> wrote:

Thanks for that Colin,
After successfully dissassembling the levers and facias (there was a snap ring on the interior of the facia), I learned that the quick-change (euro/DIN) cylinder is designed to be easily removed using the original key, else a locksmith's tool along with the removal of a single screw located along the edge of the door. No other disassembly necessary - 30 second job, WITH the proper key.
A well-designed piece of engineering apparently designed to keep the locksmiths in business while exerting the least amount of working effort. Now that I understand how the lockset goes together, I can save significant effort in the future. Rather than paying a locksmith some 100 for installation of an overpriced replacement cylinder and 10 seconds use of the 'magical' removal key, I intend to drill the cylinder out and replace it myself for about a tenner from screwfix.
Cheers,
pjm

I'd rather a lock barrel couldn't be easily replaced without the key. They come (usually) with three; if two get lost surely it's prudent to replace it then?
--
*Who is this General Failure chap anyway - and why is he reading my HD? *