Conservatory Building regs

I just read the instructions Adam linked to - AFAICS it has 4 switching points (2 high, 2 low) on a 7-day settable basis and the high and low temperatures are adjustable (21C is the factory default).

Looks fine to me.

Reply to
Tim Watts

which doesnt fit what a conservatory needs

NT

Reply to
meow2222

What does it need?

Reply to
Tim Watts

Who can say, without knowing a lot about how it will be used?

If the use is regular and predictable, some sort of timer-based system may be ok. Otherwise, something which is manually switchable when needed would be better.

The extent to which conservatory heating can be integrated into the house heating system depends on whether there will be any times when

*just* the conservatory needs to be heated without heating the rest of the house. If there *are*, there needs to be a separate zone which will cause the boiler to fire when required. If not, some means of turning off the conservatory radiator whilst leaving the house ones on - with both being in the same zone - may suffice.
Reply to
Roger Mills

Well, we won't know that until its been built and in use for a while.

I'm already ruling out a separate zone [1], because to get the pipe work to where the pump and zone valves are at present, requires ripping up stuff that's just been installed.

The boiler is right next to where the conservatory will be, as are pipes that already supply the downstairs rads. There won't be a second zone *unless* one can have a separate valve, pump, controller which can be hooked into the boiler flow/return to ask for heat *just* for the conservatory *and* that such an arrangement can be wired up without interfering with existing wiring. Seems a tall order to me, but then I've not spoken to our plumber yet.

Otherwise, the subset-of-overall-heating and wireless TRV is probably satisfactory.

[1] Based on my limited knowledge of what's possible, I mean.
Reply to
Tim Streater

Is there any DIY then?

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

Indeed. 16/21 all day suits a fully lived in room, and for such a space one would not build a glazed consevatory, it simply isnt suitable for that. To o hot in summer, too expensive to heat all day in winter. So we know that's not going to be the pattern of use (even if one were naive enough to expec t it to be).

Probably what's wanted is a fast warm up on demand, probably with rundown t imer of an hour or 2.

Hard to see how you'll do that without going back to near the boiler plumbi ng-wise. The option to use surface plumbing and make a pretty or odd featur e of it is seldom chosen, but possible.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

It will depend if the Conservatory is part of the main habitable structure .. mine is so has same heating as the house. If it is treated as 'add on' intermittent use conservatory ... then heating must be separate.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Mime has a programmable stat.. it defaults to frost protection. You switch the heating on by pressing a button and if you don't switch it off the timer will switch it off later in the day.

Reply to
dennis