Conservatory and Building regs

Hi, I have the answers to most of my questions through searching on Google tonite so please excuse my last set :-) We built a conservatory in the summer of 2000-approx 10.3sqm.I asked the local planning office and was told, not needed, planning permission.I don't remember any conversations or applications for Building warrants. We now want to sell the house-as we are going for an Assisted move scheme (saves the 1% to the estate agent), the site agent of the new development we are moving to asked if we had made any alterations to the house I said "Yes-a conservatory" She says "Have you got a building warrant" Silence "Ehh... don't think so-do I need one?" She says "Yes" So the question is-we are in Scotland,conservatory built in summer 2000, Google says conservatories came under BR in 2002-do I need a building warrant or a "Letter of Comfort"?. Gladly looking for some steer here.
Thanks
On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 22:53:18 GMT, a particular chimpanzee named
keyboard and produced:

I don't know much about Scottish B/Regs, but I do remember that the limits on exemptions did change a couple of years ago from 30m to 6m (2002 sounds right).
If you were in England or Wales, I would suggest that you write to your local Council stating the size of your conservatory and its construction (hopefully if you've googled, you'll know the general criteria of what is or isn't an exempt conservatory), and when the work commenced. In Scotland, presumably one does the same. Don't expect a rapid reply though. Since one solicitor got his knuckles rapped, they've been sending enquiries to local Councils by the lorryload on any conceivable breach of Building Regulations.
I love the phrase 'letter of comfort'. Sounds like a euphemism for the correspondence an inmate of a Texas gaol might get from a Death Row groupie.
--
Hugo Nebula
"The fact that no-one on the internet wants a piece of this