Connection to gas main

I have a cottage with an intermediate pressure gas main nearby. The house used to be connected to the gas (30 years ago) but isn't any longer. I have been quoted an absolute fortune for restoring the connection, despite doing all the necessary trenching myself. It seems to just require 2m of steel pipe, an emergency cut-off valve,

40m of MDPE and a gas meter.

I presume the ECV is an automatic flow limitor so it can be buried underground without needing a manhole? The ones I've seen (Donkin series 310) don't look as though they should be very expensive.

What might be a sensible charge for parts and labour? Any suggestions?

Thanks Roger

Reply to
Roger

That'll be what SGN call a medium pressure main, it just cost me GBP4k to make a 390kW connection to one with 60 metre length of 63mm plastic pipe in a trench we dug in our land with a few metres they dug in the verge, no traffic control required. the pipe seems to be around GBP7/metre. This price included a gas meter kiosk but we cast the slab for it on our land. The reducer meter for this was some 700 quid more expensive than a plain meter and fitting, totalled 1200 quid.

AJH

Reply to
andrew

I was charged =A31400 about ten years ago for a 2m connection from the street main to two consumer meters. I did the prep work on my land, they dug up and reinstated the pavement.

JGH

Reply to
jgharston