connection query

Basically I live next to an electricity substation .. And I have in my possession a full roll of 3.029 - 4491X and a pair of crocodile clips .. question is .. would the aformentioned equipment be adequate enough ? or would 7.036 - 5491X be a more viable proposition ? any thoughts ?

Reply to
ngumwie

Make sure you use steel boots when making the connection - earthing is important.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

As is the necessity to hose the area before doing the job to make sure it is clean.

PoP

Reply to
PoP

Try and get them up the spouts of the big metal switch...

Reply to
Colin Wilson

I forgot to mention - make absolutely sure that you hold the crocodile clips in either hand and apply to live and neutral together. Otherwise you could introduce an imbalance into the electrical loading with one side (either the live or neutral) having a longer piece of cable than the other, and all those electrons are going to get p'd off heading down a piece of wire with nowhere to come back to.

Might also be worth checking that your will is available to whoever needs to know.

PoP

Reply to
PoP

Suspect you will have some dimming of your lights due to the contact resistance of the crocodile clips. Better to use g-clamps. If sticking with the croc clips, be sure to switch on both the cooker and shower to weld 'em on real good.

Reply to
impvan

Go and find your nearest Pikey site and ask them. "Obtaining electricity by diverse means" is just a short module in the "Travellers Guild" elementary qualification. Even the youngest trainee should be able to give you some good advice (and steal your hubcaps).

Rgds

Andy R

Reply to
Andy R