Connecting WC Pan directly to branch connection

I'm installing a Ideal Standard 'Space' back-to-wall' wc. A high level concealed cistern sits within a boxed-out wall, which will also contain a stub stack, directly behind the wc.

If I measure everything correctly: height etc. is there anything to stop me connecting the porcelain horizontal outlet of the pan, directly into a branch connection on the stub stack. I'm using hepworth stack plastic drainage with rubber ring seal which fits nice and snug over the outlet from the pan.

I know you often use a wc connector, which might be straight or elbowed in some way and has more rubber fins in the seal, but using a straight connector in line will increase the distance between the wc pan and the stack, defeating the whole purpose of using a space-saving wc arrangement.

I don't want this to leak for obvious reasons.

Thanks once again.

KB, Oxford

Reply to
Kevin Brady

*If* it seals properly on the pan outlet, it may be ok. Most pans I have seen have slightly oval outlets - and proper pan connectors have a lot of bungy rubber inside to allow for this - whereas fittings designed to take 110mm *round* plastic pipe don't.

Does the stub stack have to be *directly* behind the pan? If you could offset it a bit, you could use a 90 degree pan connector, and go into the

*side* of the stack. That way, the pan would still be well back.
Reply to
Set Square

I had a similar dilemma I think to the one you are describing. I was joining the WC pan to a 110mm tee piece because I needed to accomodate a stub stack upstream of the WC with an AAV in the room. Using a straight pan connector into the tee piece meant the WC and cistern didn`t fit flush with the wall anymore. To get round this was a b*stard job of chiselling out the wall to half sink the 110mm pipework into the wall such that the WC would sit back against the wall again. Using a 90 degree pan connector would prevent this but I couldn`t see a way of joining to the T piece without sitting the WC on a platform or lowering the whole section of pipe into the floor and chopping out huge chunks in the joists.

Steve

Reply to
Steve