Connecting to copper waste of bath/basin

What is everyones experience for connecting to old copper waste pipes?
They come off the bath and basin, both of which are to be replaced and run to a cast iron soil stack (boxed in) which I am reluctant to mess with.
Thanks for any advice. Rob

Best way is to use the appropriate size of Bandseal coupling. As usual, you need the almost legendary Good Plumbers Merchants.
--
Niall

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 00:21:15 +0000, Kalico wrote:

I think you'll find that the copper waste pipes are the same size as the plastic push fit pipes and fittings (BS 5254) not BS 5255 the solvent weld stuff.
The rubber compression fitting on the traps will fit it OK.
Measure first though just to be sure.
The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk