connecting MDPE and lead to new underground stopcock

At present there is one stopcock for 4 houses which are supplied with lead. Whilst doing the drainage for my extension, I want to replace the section under the new slab and into the house with MDPE pipe. Outside and underground, I want to install a stopcock (depth around

750mm) with lead on one side and MDPE on the other. I may have to leadloc to MDPE so that the stopcock is MDPE both sides I guess. Where would I get a solid metal underground stopcock in a shaft for this purpose ? Also, how is the MPDE installed underground - insulated, in pea shingle etc ? Can it rise unprotected through a new floor slab into the house ? Cheers, Simon.
Reply to
sm_jamieson

It certainly needs to be insulated as it comes up though the ground, to comply with regs. I did this a few years ago and am trying to remember the details... certainly I had United Utilities crawling all over the intstallation and they were about as anal as any official I've come across - they were incredibly fussy about having the incoming pipe at the proper depth, with insulation and mechanical protection. ISTR I bought a purpose-designed sheath from TP for this - it was like a length of drainpipe with a 90-deg bend, with a length of hollow-cored insulation down the middle - this came up through the slab and would theoretically permit a future replacement MPDE pipe to be pushed through without disturbing the slab.

I can't remember whether this precise arrangement was compulsory or not.

David

Reply to
Lobster