Confused of Medway

Replacing some guttering at the rear of an unoccupied house this morning.

Had to move one of those plastic Wendy houses out of the way, to get the ladder where I wanted it.

All of a sudden I could hear running water. Knew it couldn't be the down pipe cos I'd removed it. Wasn't the overflows, nothing coming out of the kitchen waste pipe, no leak on the garden tap.

Open an inspection cover, nothing.

I was beginning to get concerned. Running water in an unoccupied house. Could cause a lot of damage.

Eventually found it. Inside the Wendy house was a plastic toy kitchen. Lying on its side was a toy plastic kettle.

As soon as I stood the kettle up, the running water noise stopped!

It was so bloody realistic it had me going for about 20 minutes :-(

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Aren't you a little old to be playing with Wendy houses? ;-)

Reply to
Howard Neil

Should have gone before you came out :)

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

But SWMBO gives him grief if he plays with Wendy instead...

Reply to
John Rumm

He has come out - Wendy house not enough of a clue?

Reply to
PeterC

Who was this Wendy in the first place?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

were works of dis-art. I recall one group of girls built one - it was... different, but still a gang hut, not a poncy middle-class Wendy House.

Reply to
grimly4

Not a snob are you, by any chance?

Reply to
Tim Streater

Sounds like a northerner to me. Did I ever mention that I really don't like southerners?

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Of course I am.

Reply to
grimly4

Ah, another one.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Mostly they ar e not very likeable.

Mostly they are horrible.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Any more of that & I'll come up there & kick your whippet, take the coal out of your bath & stamp on your flat cap.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Like I said, horrible people. Maybe not all, you seem to be okay as far as southerners go. I enjoy reading your posting.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

But Pounder is not a northerner.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Errrrr, Mr Pounder to you and I am a northerner. Lancashire and proud of it.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

The Scots are the northerners.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Anywhere north of Wotfud is Northern.

Don't know if that includes Geoff or not?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I notice you didn't deny having a whippet, keeping coal int bath or wearing a flat cap :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The Medway Handyman wrote: [snip]

Anywhere north of 51 degrees is northern. You all keep whippets in the bath, coal in the washing machine and wear flat caps.

Reply to
Steve Firth