Confused Boiler types.

I looking to replace my old wall mounted servowarm boiler and hot water tank.

I want the new boiler to-be condensing, im confused about the types.

System Boiler Condensing Combination

Please explain.

Many Thanks

Darren

Reply to
darrenforward

Has an integral pump and pressure vessel, which replaces the feed and expansion tank, inside the white box.

High efficiency and has a drain. All boilers have to be these, unless in "very" exceptional cases.

Combines the DHW and CH into one box, eliminating cylinders and tanks. Basically a system boiler with a water section added. Does the hot water and the central heating, and all in one box, and condensing too. Get a high flowrate model, like the Alpha CD50, Worcester Bosch 35kW or 40kW.

There you go.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Stored hot water, heating, hot water tank in airing cupboard, no heating expansion tank in loft, pump and expansion vessel in boiler casing.

More efficient, applicable to System, Conventional and Combi boiler types. Compulsory or as near as dammit for all practical purposes in England and Wales

Instant lukewarm water with no bath filling ability this side of the next millennium, heating, no hot water tank. Useful if you have French ancestry or a serious olfactory deficiency and no friends, useless for all practical purposes.

Reply to
Matt

It is hot water storage cylinder, not a tank.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel