Condensing combi boilers - good/bad experiences?

Am contemplating having (currently Alpha non condensing) combi boiler replaced in my (3 bedrooms, 6 radiators) flat.

What experiences does anyone have (good/bad) of particular makes of condensing combi boiler?

Is there anything special I need to look out for (either 'must have' or 'avoid at all costs')?

Looking forward to viewing collected wisdom. Thanks

Charles

Reply to
CharlieR

Have a one piece heat exchanger pre-mix burner. Don't get one with secondary heat exchanger, sometimes called an accumulator.

Worcester Bosch Greenstar 40kW and glow Worm 38 kW are good. Or go for a Viessmann, Atmos or Eco-Hometec if you want to spend extra - the RRs of combi's.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Can't offer specific info - but have just had all the old open flue boiler ripped out and replaced with a Baxi Platinum 24HE - which is a real revelation compared to that which we had. 5 yr warranty too.

Cheers Dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon

Some help may be found in the BoilerChoice FAQ below.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Why do you want to replace it? If it is just to get a more efficient boiler I would argue that it is not worth it. Wait until the boiler breaks before replacing it.

If you do go ahead then consider the hot water performance. That is usually the limiting factor, not the number of radiators.

Mark

Reply to
Mark

I'm having the kitchen refitted which menas either moving or replacing the boiler. As it's about 15 years old, I think I should consider replacing it (now rather than later). Of course if I was sure it was going to last another few years, I'd just get it moved and save myself some dosh. I've got plenty of other things I could spend it on :-)

Charles

Reply to
CharlieR