Condensing boiler siting options

Hi

I'm thinking of renewing my combi boiler with a condensing one, but would struggle to run the condensate to a drain from the existing site (hall cupboard, vertical flue). The kitchen has flagstones, and the bathroom is tiled, so moving location of the boiler isn't an easy option for me. I think this leaves me with two options:

a) renew boiler with a standard boiler; or b) use a condensate tank/bottle beneath the boiler.

Would i fall foul of regs for replacing with a standard boiler?

Does anyone have experience of living with a condensate bottle - how often does it require emptying during cold months?

Any advice appreciated. thanks

Daljit

Reply to
Daljit

The condensate doesn't have to run into a drain - it can go to a soakaway, IE a hole filled with stones / gravel.

Reply to
Phil L

c) condensate pump, £50-£100

Reply to
John Stumbles

You would unless you can find enough points on the exemptions checklist to be exempt.

Do you have a loft/attic it could go in? Usually possible to get access to a soil stack up there.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I'd prefer fitting a condensing boiler if i can, and didn't know there was such a thing as a condensate pump. I think that's the answer, and yes, can easily get access to the attic - should be lots of options for me up there.

cheers

Daljit

Reply to
Daljit