Condensing boiler - odd installation

Page 3 of 3

I think that you are thinking of the older models. These two modulate from 11 to 40 kW and 14 to 55kW respectively. The rig for them has the option of fully proportional controllers with weather compensation and remote access and monitoring.

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Add pictures here
βœ–

I am and I liked them a lot. I loved their simplicity.

Sounds good I'll have to check them out.

βœ–

From the installation guide, they would appear to be larger versions based on the Celsius design - according to the SEDBUK entry , on the market since last year......
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Add pictures here
βœ–

I see B&Q still have the Ravenheat 25 kW CSI primary at £399. This is a basic condensing boiler with on-off control, no pump, no pressure vessel and can be open vented or pressurised at over 90% sedbick efficency. Two of these is the same price as the Ideal cast-iron clunker and a boiler for backup too. Well worth considering and implememting as i suggested above in No. 2.

βœ–
Hall wrote:

The other thing is that according to the SEDBUK database the output is a fixed 41kW, all or nothing. In the spring and autumn the part load efficiency (which is admittedly taken account of in the SEDBUK calc) is likely to be a lot less:
Free SEDBUK boiler database browser
βœ–
Andy

With the return temp of the pool being very low; below condensing temperatures. the burner box will condensate, unless back end protection is fitted. Look inside the existing boiler and I'm sure the burner box will be rusty (assuming the pool is being heated by this boiler).

βœ–

Ideal ICOS "system" boiler £740.25 Including VAT
Ideal ICOS "heating" boiler £675.63 Including VAT
Two ICOS condensing boilers at approx 24kW each is about the same price. So may as well get two of them and couple them up.
System boilers come with pressure vessel and pump.
http://www.discountedheating.co.uk /

βœ–

Now you have lost me. Two ICOS boilers cost about the same as one Keston when you take into account the extra installation costs not to mention the increased space, flue etc and not being as sophisticated.. mikej
Add pictures here
βœ–

Fitting two side by side is not that much in time. The flues come with the boilers. These boilers are "small". He is running a hotel. Having two boilers means backup if one drops out. Bad for business if no hot water or heating.

βœ–

In fact Keston and others make ready to go rigs with two boilers and all the controls and plumbing to do just that..... There is one for the C40 and C55.
-
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Add pictures here
βœ–

All good points that I'll pass on. mikej
Add pictures here
βœ–

From: http://www.saveenergy.co.uk/boilers /
"Boilers are amongst the worst offenders when it comes to energy wasters in your home. Boilers alone account for up to a third of all domestic CO2 emissions. If you don’t think your boiler should get away with it any longer, then read on. As the current lifespan of a boiler is 10-15 years, making the wrong decision about what boiler to have really could mean a life sentence of wasting money and time and damaging the environment. A heating system that uses a high efficiency condensing boiler and with the correct heating controls can save as much as 40% on your fuel bills. It really is time to shop your old boiler."

βœ–

We put twin Keston Celsius boilers in our church a couple of years ago. The cost of the boilers is about the same as one larger boiler but of course there is more work involved in installation (free labour in our case so it didn't matter). In the spring and autumn and when the building is up to temp you can cut one boiler out and run the other more efficiently. The other advantage is that you have usefully degree of redundancy: if one boiler is out for any reason the other keeps going. It does of course also mean that there are two to service, but if the engineer is already there this shouldn't cost too much.
Free SEDBUK boiler database browser
βœ–
"mike.james" wrote:

The Ideal Mexico is not a modern design of boiler it's conventionally flued - probably the only improvement in the last 25 years is electronic ignition - and maybe not even that.
I'm not even sure that the Mexico would comply with part L.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk
βœ–

25 years? Try 33 years. It came out at the time of the 1970 Mexico world cup, hence the name. The Morris Marina (what a dog) was not even introduced when it came out. How they have been making this clunker for all this time I find amazing.

Just. 78%. This low limit is rising soon.

βœ–

What general vote? There is little complexity increase. £800 to £1600. he is being ripped off. Condensing boilers cost little over regular boilers these days. Get another quote.

βœ–

Are you saying pumbworld or similar (checked other online prices) are ripping us off? (See other post for quote) mikej
Add pictures here
βœ–

see other post for quote.

βœ–