Condenser tumble dryer

I bought a White Knight Condenser Tumble dryer for the cupboard under the stair as there is nowhere for a pipe to reach outside it claim you should have to empty the bottle after every use or two yet my bottle is always empty.

I have checked all the pipes and read the manual back to front but it just doesnt seem to be condensing... heats the room up lovely though!

Any one else had a similar problem or am i just missing something from the installation of the dryer?

Reply to
Steve

Check the pipe at the back. There's normally one that you can pop off and connect a drain hose to to hav ethe machine auto-drain the bottle for you. It's ptobably popped off and nicely buggered the floor under the dryer for you!

Cheers dna.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon

Definitely something wrong. My condensor would almost fill the large bottle every time until I got round to plumbing it in.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Ive checked the wire and its firmly attached both ends and there isnt a puddle! so where the hell is the water going!?!?!?!

Reply to
Steve

Are the clothes drying ?

Reply to
powerstation

I had a similar problem with a medium age dryer. It was fixed with new fan. After that it condensed about 2 litres per cycle.

Antoni

-- asalcedo

Reply to
asalcedo

Into the air.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

it dries the clothes but my room gets full of condensation which was the whole point of buying a condenser i have only had it a few weeks should i take it back?

Reply to
Steve

Yes, it appears to be faulty. But read the instructions first, in case the installation required you to remove some sort of plug or suchlike.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Check the venting requirements and leave the cupboard door open.

Reply to
powerstation

It's definitely not working right. I've had 3 condensor dryers, none of them has caused any condensation at all in the room even with doors and windows shut, it's always amazed me how effectively they do condense.

Reply to
peter

Are you leaving the door open? If not maybe the problem is you are heating the air in the cupboard to the point where it's too hot when drawn through the heat exchanger to condense the moisture being blown out.

Henry

Reply to
Henry